Do you ever google a word just to find out how to spell it? Turns out lots of us do . . .
Someone looked at google search stats to find the most common words we struggle to spell. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Restaurant. We google the spelling an average of 95,000 times a month. The part that trips a lot of us up is the "A-U" in the middle. (R-E-S-T-A-U-R-A-N-T)
2. Pneumonia. There's a silent "P", and an "E-U" in there. (P-N-E-U-M-O-N-I-A)
3. Appreciate. People forget how many "P's" there are, and whether there's a "C" or an "S" halfway through. (A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-E)
4. Receipt. Remember, it's "I" before "E" except after "C." (R-E-C-E-I-P-T)
5. Beautiful. Tough because it's got three vowels in a row. (B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L)
6. Niece. People can't remember if it's an "I-E" or an "E-I". (N-I-E-C-E)
7. Maintenance. We forget where the "A's" and "E's" go. (M-A-I-N-T-E-N-A-N-C-E)
8. Bougie. (pronounced booj-ee) Like, "You bought the expensive champagne? Wow, you're so bougie." (B-O-U-G-I-E)
9. Diarrhea. You don't have to know how to spell it to have it. (D-I-A-R-R-H-E-A)
10. Congratulations. We google it a lot, partly because we write it on Facebook so much. (C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S)
Source: Mental Floss