The safe thing to do if you think you might fall asleep behind the wheel is to pull over and take a NAP. But a recent survey found that only 23% of us actually do that.
According to PR Newswire, here are the top things we do to avoid falling asleep at the wheel...
1. Drink something with caffeine in it. 53% said it's one thing they do to stay awake.
2. Open a window, 42%.
3. Switch drivers, 42%.
4. Pull over to stretch, 35%.
5. Crank up the radio, 35%. *We especially like this one :)
6. Crank the A/C, 25%.
7. Pull over for a nap, 23%.
8. Eat something, 21%.
9. Sing along to the radio, 21%. *We like this one, too!
Talking to yourself just missed the top ten, with 11%...and 10% of people say they just start SLAPPING themselves.